Unfortunately, Amazon have removed our eRead providers app from their Amazon Kindle app store.
Customers wishing to download EPUB eBooks and MP3 Audiobooks to a Kindle Fire tablet will need to download the OverDrive Media Console app via our OverDrive website, the Google play store (you will require a Google account to do this), or the GoodeReader android apps website.
The settings on the Kindle Fire will need to be adjusted prior to downloading the app, to do this please follow the instruction below:-
- Click on the top of the Kindle Fire screen until the menu appears
- Click on +more, scroll down to Devices
- Click on Devices and make sure ‘Allow other applications to install’ is set to ON
OverDrive eBooks can currently only be used on the Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD series of tablets not the Kindle series of eBook readers.
Help and Advice
For instructions on how to download eBooks and eAudio or to check if your device is compatible with our library eRead service download the guide for your device below or visit OverDrive, our eRead service provider’s Digital Help Guide.
- eReader Guide – Download this guide if the main function of your device is to read eBooks
- Mobile device / Tablet Guide – Download this guide if your device can be used for downloading apps, watching movies, surfing the Internet etc.
If you would like to use our library’s free eRead service, but are having problems please contact: email@example.com.
To browse or download our eRead collection visit: