Our library staff Renee, Ailsa, Gillian and Suzanne can’t wait to get budding bookworms buzzing about this year’s World Book Day. Now in its 17th year, World Book Day aims to encourage children to explore the pleasures of books and reading by providing them with the opportunity to have a book of their own. The staff will be joining the celebrations by visiting some local primary schools and nursery classes to read stories and share just how magical books can be.
Presenting 2014’s ten terrific £1 books!
Every child in full-time education in the UK and Ireland will be given a book token so they can visit a participating bookshop and choose a book for themselves. Remember to swap your book token at your local book seller by 30 March 2014.
Select a title below to find out more about it
- Hello, Hugless Douglas! by David Melling
- Emily Gravett’s Little Book Day Parade by Emily Gravett
- Barry Loser: I am not nit a Loser by Jim Smith
- Fun With the Worst Witch by Jill Murphy
- A Laura Marlin Mystery: The Midnight Picnic by Lauren St John
- Horrible Histories: Terrible Trenches by Terry Deary, illustrated by Martin Brown
- Middle School: How I Got Lost in London by James Patterson
- Jack Pepper by Sarah Lean
- Rock War: The Audition by Robert Muchamore
- The Boy in the Smoke by Maureen Johnson
World Book Day Cool Stuff and Games