Bookbug is dressed up in his kilt in anticipation of Book Week Scotland. He is so excited that he will be taking part in some of our events next week. Here he is surrounded by some of his favourite Scottish books. He could not decide which one to choose so borrowed them all!
- A wee book of fairy tales by Matthew Fitt and James Robertson
- Bletherton Braes by Matthew Fitt and James Robertson
- The Gruffalo in Scots by Julia Donaldson
- Katie in Scotland by James Mayhew
- Katie’s A-Z by Karen Sutherland
- Katie’s beasties by Karen Sutherland
- King o’ the midden by Matthew Fitt and James Robertson
- Precious and the puggies by Alexander McCall Smith
- Rabbie’s Rhymes by Robert Burns (illustrated by Karen Sutherland)
- Room on the broom in Scots by Julia Donaldson
Find these titles and lots more on our online catalogue
Book Week Scotland Events 2014
All events are free, but places must be booked.
Murder at the Ravenswick Hotel by Ann Cleeves
Monday 24th November, 7.30pm at Troon Library
Thursday 27th November 7.30pm at Carnegie Library, Ayr
We all know how Cluedo works and we all love a good story, so get your detective hat on and see if you can work out who the murderer is in this whodunnit.
There’s Been a Murder… with Douglas Skelton
Wednesday 26th November, 7pm at Carnegie Library, Ayr
Douglas Skelton is a journalist and author. He has written a number of true crime books, including Blood on the Thistle, Devils Gallop and Frightener.
FAMILY EVENT: Louis goes to the Library
Saturday 29th November, 2pm at Carnegie Library, Ayr
Louis the spaniel, star of the Louis books will be appearing at Carnegie Library. He will be bringing his owner Gillian Muir who will tell us about his latest adventures. Louis might get a woof or two in too.
To book for any of these events please contact:
Troon Library, 5 South Beach, Troon KA10 6EF tel: 01292 315352
Carnegie Library, 12 Main Street, Ayr KA8 8EB tel: 01292 286385